AWARDS & JUDGING CRITERIA: 2017 POWAY DAYS PARADE
Trophies will be awarded days after the parade. Judging will be done by select community members who will pick their favorite entries. Trophy presentations will be made in these NEW categories:
- Mayor’s Award
- Theme Award (Happiness is Helping Others )
- Rotary Service Award
How to Win:
- First, read over Parade Guidelines and Rules Be sure your entry is in compliance with Parade Rules.
- The judges will judge entries as they pass the judging station in front of the Poway Library.
- There is no pre-judging in the Staging Areas.
- We want the parade spectators to enjoy an exciting, attention-grabbing parade. Judges will be looking for entries that are first and foremost, entertaining. To win an award, you will need to be different and stand out from the other entries.
- Each entry will be judged on its overall presentation.
- Judges and spectators want to see happy, enthusiastic parade participants, so have fun!
- Judges will be evaluating how well you incorporate the theme – “Happiness is Helping Others.” – into your entry.
- Entries that incorporate the theme into their entries will receive additional points.
Two other items of particular note:
- Entries, especially floats, must be viewable from both sides of the street. The majority of spectators will be on the south side of Poway Road, but people will also be viewing the parade from the north side, and entrants need to accommodate them.
- Music should fit with the entry and should be audible to parade spectators, (but not so loud as to overwhelm adjacent entries).
Questions? Call: (504) 390-3271 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org